Friday, November 03, 2006

“Goddamn I declare have you seen the light?”

From day one your smile impeded breathing

Every morsel of awareness addressed my way

Predestined living or dying

A thousand deaths

In my father’s house

I told you about this

Fucked up feeling inside

And you had it too

Goddamn, one year was all I got

And I did not even appreciate it

I took it for granted

Slept around (as did you)

I think that was the agreement

I remember the little details

The Spanish Harlem

Snorted up our nostrils

Hunting trails

Smoking bowls

Lying on the hood

Keg parties’ tequila and cheese

Climbing three stories

Instead of the stairs

Keeping your socks under your bean bag

And dead roses scattered everywhere

Charlotte ’95 encoring

“The Mighty Quinn”

Wrestling and fucking

So turned on by this bizarre

Energy that just crept up

On us every time we came

Into contact

Together and separate

I learned the ways of the head

Jerry my divine intervention

A manifest destination

Of love and peace

No longer just the dealer

But the lover of you

It was indeed

The happiest year of my being

Nevertheless

In crept strife

No comments: