Friday, November 03, 2006

C. Part ONe

I lived on First Street, Apt. A

Knowing all the people

Loving all the crowds

As long as the drugs were flowing

And the jam bands playing

Life was perfect

I lived from place to place

Drinking smoking snorting

Tripping my balls off

Promiscuous and thriving

Caring and still staying distant

Dying on the inside everyday

And not even knowing

What it meant to exist

Thinking good beer, music, and smoke

Is all I needed to live

Joe and Greg said

You got to meet this guy

You will love him just open your mind

And he will buy and so will his hippie friends

It is a whole new outlet for your market

I was intrigued by their words

But I hated dirty hippies and the smell of patchouli

And their vagabond gypsy customs

And their undying devotion to Jerry

My would be put on the standards were on the edge

But I went to that Apartment

On the third floor at Fifth Street

And met you head to head

In that small empty apartment holding an

Assemblage of “H”eads sitting on the edges

DEAR YAHWEH those eyes grasped me

Eyes like yours have never penetrated my exterior

Staring back at me with such supremacy and trepidation

Stealing my oxygen and my whole being

Rendering me incapable of singular thought

As I looked in your eyes and saw your dark soul

I knew from that moment that I would never forget

I was petrified and vulnerable in your gaze

Paralyzed into slavery, you acting as master

I knew I would not leave you, unless you pressed

You loved me instantly and unconditionally

As I loved you with the same terms

But your soul was dead barely shining

Lost forever to something unspeakable

And there I started my race to save it

No comments: