Saturday, August 26, 2006

Don't Forget!

With a new hurricane bearing down on the Gulf Coast, I wanted to remind people that there are still very serious problems in the Third World USA….My dear friend Rhonda Rainbow is as strong as a granite, but let us not forget her anguish. This poem is dedicated to her…It is not meant to be perfect, just an emotional reminder of how lucky we are. I live in a hurricane zone, and I know these feelings well and have seen it all first hand…So do what you will: Pray, chant, just don’t forget!

They can not take another hit

There is nothing we can do

Ernesto is bearing down

It’s going to be a hullabaloo

Fear is rising

Frustrations are mounting

Lives are quivering

Tears are spilling

I want to send

An immense WIND

That will push the evil away

And let them live

My heart is with you

I am separated on by land

I will be with you every second

Crying, quivering, fearing

4 comments:

Blue Bellied Yank said...

My parents live along the Gulf Coast of Florida. They put storm shutters on all the windows after Katrina swept through wrecking havoc. My Mom called me this morning before I went to church and asked if I'd keep them in my prayers. We're all hoping that the tropical storms will be mild this season! Peace Be Still!

Anonymous said...

Is it soaked there, H?

Anonymous said...

That's an L, not an I, by the way.

H. said...

We are flooded here. the storm ended up being worse than we thought it would be. It shifted so the eye went over us, meaning strnger winds and even more rain. Or rain fall totals were an average of two months worth. Anyway, I am going ot post a blog with pics....so stay tuned.