Friday, August 11, 2006

Him and I

Tiny pieces of paper strewn from an afternoon of cutting

Plastic men ready to attack on his command

Spilled juice causing havoc on surfaces

Oh how it irks me

It enrages me

Those men and paper and tiny spills

Overwhelm my ability to think straight

He is normal

I am not

I tell him that he is brilliant

And then I stifle his creativity

Maybe a new mom is what he needs

A mom without OCD

He says no

You are the best mom ever

I lay in my bed engulfed with this statement

And I cry…..

I cry for his soul

Hoping that I do not ruin him

5 comments:

Becky said...

lol...that made me smile.

Robert J Ellwood said...

Chill mah babies...!

Hang tough, H. The time and heart you invest today will bloom in season...

Anonymous said...

Beckyjo, did you read the same poem that I did?

H. said...

IT was just how I was feeling at that moment...life is good with us! NO worries people!

Anonymous said...

The venting of a mother in verse is a beautiful thing.