Saturday, December 15, 2007

Homless

I saw the news

the homeless people

and I thought

would they trade places with me?

Debt and regular bills alike

or are they lucky

to be without these worries?

But while I sleep

in my comfortable bed

I know they would too;

as I struggle to pay bills

do they want that burden?

Yes..security

for the unsecure

Do I want to

live in a tent

on the front lawn

of the state building?

No and

nor do they

So why?

I salute these people

with no name

just faces

of hunger and worry

and I wonder

would that be better

than bills and taxes

and the dreaded job?

Who would trade with me?

With all the worry and heartache

that goes along

with being society;

not fighting the man.

Tonight I may

sleep in a tent

just to trade places

and understand the injustices

No comments: