Sunday, October 22, 2006

MY LOSS

So many roads I have traveled

Since that fateful day

When I learned of your existence

Peeing in the bathroom of a movie rental store

Smoking a joint

And at a stop sign reading the results

I remember the scream of anguish

Guilt despair and loneliness

Arrived with and exhale of smoke

Strung out and drunk

Grieving for what I had lost

Not knowing where I was going

I know how you were made

But with who

I can not answer

I consoled my grief

With two men

Neither of them caring

When it was known that you

Were swimming in fluids encased within

A solution had to be determined

My compadres said we can fix that

With a bottle of Jagermeister and Percocet

And an impromptu abortion

That day I cried and felt a bit of me die

I had killed you

Before the doctor ever got his machine near you

My road is now more contented

But I haven’t forgotten you

My sweet creation of grief and addiction

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Based on true events, I presume?
I can relate...